How to fix "Umbraco cannot start. A connection string is configured but the Umbraco cannot connect to the database." error on local dev website
Recently I have started working on a Umbraco v7 website and as a first step, I wanted to create a local database by restoring it from a backup file, and after creating the DB and create a new Login for the Umbraco v7 database, I started to see the following problem;
- Right-click on your localhost and select Properties
- Go to the Security page and select "Server authentication" as "SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode"
- Hit OK.
- Go to Services and find your SQL Server service and restart it.
- You should be able to see your website now. If you still have problems, check your local setup and permissions.
- Further details are below, hope this helps somebody else.